ΑΞΙΟΘΕΑΤΑ – Πηγές Καλλιθέας Ροδος Ενοικίαση αυτοκινήτουΜάρτιος 4, 2019
ΑΞΙΟΘΕΑΤΑ – Λίνδος – Ενοικίαση αυτοκινήτουΜάρτιος 4, 2019
The thermal springs of Kallithea have been known since antiquity for their healing waters. In 1927, upon the initiative of the Italian commander of the Dodecanese islands, Mario Lago started a systematic study of the waters of Kallithea, as well as the construction of its facilities.
The project was awarded to the architect Petrio Lombardy and the designs were considered among the best architectural compositions of that era.
The Kallithea Springs were very popular and remained in operation until 1967.
The district of Kameiros stretches along the northwest coast of the island close to the Cape of Ayios Minas (ancient Mylantion) in the foothills of Mt Akramytis. In prehistoric times the Mylantian gods, who taught mankind milling and kneading, were worshipped here. Mycenaean necropoleis have been excavated at Kalamvarda, west of Kameiros.